Elder law covers a wide range of services, from ensuring quality care to protecting vulnerable or incapacitated persons. There are a variety of methods of protecting oneself in the event of an incapacity, and to help and protect family members and friends who may be vulnerable or incapacitated. The law in this area is developing quickly, and the lawyers at Susan L. Sinnott keep up to date with it. We know that each client’s needs are unique, and we work with other professionals to ensure that those needs are properly met.
With Canada’s aging population, more and more people are faced with the legal challenges associated with growing older, whether on their own behalf or through the experiences of their parents and other loved ones. At Susan L. Sinnott Law Office we provide our clients with advice, support, and advocacy to help meet the challenges of the senior years.
Our lawyers keep abreast of the latest laws in this area, and in our profession’s recommendations to the government on proposed legislation. Our commitment extends to community involvement in education and understanding of the laws.
Our Services Include:
- dealing with issues of elder abuse
- assisting with admissions to care facilities
- ensuring that the right incapacity planning is in place
- acting as substitute decision makers in financial and legal matters
- making court applications for legal guardian appointments
- advising on the provisions of the Adult Guardianship Act and the Mental Health Act
- advising on temporary health care decision making under the Health Care Consent and Care Facility Admissions Act